I'm doubling tripling down on the drop bar racing Platy. I've lost count
how many Platy's Leahs has, 2,3.4 ? IDK. I think the World won't stop
rotating to spare a drop bar Platy to try, at least initally, especially
since Leah has never even ridden any drop bars. Nor has she ridden a "real
road bike". So to buy one without even knowing if that's what's wanted
isn't the wisest thing to do, from my perspective. I see a certain
categorical ignorance/limiting going on here, which is ironic given the Riv
pitch of frame versatility.

For example, I hadn't ridden my Bombadil in about a year as it had
Albatross bars on it set a few inches above saddle height. That no longer
works for me at all. So rather than let it just sit, or sell it, I decided
to try some drop bars on it with a very negative rise stem. I have some
rollers to ride indoors so I've been doing that as I dial in the
positioning. One thing for sure, it is very different experience being
stretch out and low rather than sitting up more and back. The weight
distribution and handling is very different, not to mention the different
muscle groups involved in such postions.  It's very much a "real road bike"
experience as I define that more by position than frame specs alone. I
disregard any so-called "limits/intentions" of given frame design. It is
what it is, a frame. Ride/adorn it any way that works for you given what'll
fit on it. Picture all those 80's mtb's being used as drop bar commuters.
Oh the humanity !

The bottom line is to not make this more difficult than it has to be to
familiarize herself with the different positioning and muscle usage of a
lower-forward drop bar experience.