Our winter in SF consists of rain and shorter daylight, so to prepare
for winter means making sure the bikes have fenders and adequate
lights.
Only my Bridgestone RB-1 road bike has no fenders or permanent lights
mounted.

I'm preparing a bike to leave in Boston, where we go go every winter
for a few weeks and about a month in the summer.
It's a Bruce Gordon BLT with S and S couplers, and  I brazed down tube
shifters onto.
It's made up of extra parts laying around. It'll have two sets of
tires, 23's for long road rides and fat 35's for the snow and slush.
I've got some VO constructeur racks and fat steel fenders for it, but
I may not bring them this time, I'm not sure if it'll fit into the S
and S bag that I sewed for it, made up of cordura and heavyweight 24oz
cotton duck. 26x26x10. It actually turned out great!!!

My other winter project is rigging up a few of our bikes with lights.
My wifes RB-1 needs a rear gen.light for her shimano dynamo wheel and
front light.
My Ti rando needs a rear gen.light for the Schmidt/B+M.
My fixed Bridgestone RB has a shimano B+M front and rear,
but I'd like to run the wiring inside the frame and under the fender
on the fixed. I'll get it done by December or so.
All of the above bikes have fenders.

The other thing I have going on is the 1902 Singer 29-2 sewing machine
that sews leather. I picked it up for free off of craigslist from a
retired shoe maker. I've made a bunch of bags and this thing goes
through the thickest leather like its butter. I'm still learning how
to use it. My stitches on this are all wonky. It's going to take a
long time and a lot of messed up rando bags to figure it out.

My last ongoing project is practicing brazing on my fixed. dyanamo
wire guides, fender and rack mounts, light tabs, all that stuff, just
braze ons. no frame brazing.