"Want to skip past the surroundings, enjoy the motion, your heartbeat,
the bitter cold wind biting your face? Choose drops or moustache. "

Me?  I'd choose narrowish drops with a height at level or slightly
lower than saddle height (like Nitto Pearl with 44cm Noodles)

"Want to enjoy the rolling scenery, the warmth of activity, cozy booth
waiting at the bar afterwards? Albatross. "

Me?  I'd choose widish drops with a height about 2.5 - 3 inches above
saddle height and Interupter levers.  Like dirtdrop stem with 46cm
Noodles

"Want to investigate every
rut, feel the ground, conquer the path/road/trail? Bullmoose."

Me?  I'd choose wide drops with a height about 1 - 2 inches above
saddle height.  Like Nitto lugged stem with 48cm Noodles

I am seriously trying to open my mind to non-drop options.  I'm even
considering trying an Albatross cockpit on the commuter-Hillborne, but
it keeps coming back to drops.