Have been running zip ties for mud flaps on my Sam Hillborne since it
was new.  Actually prefer them to screws on plastic fenders.

Then again, the bike doesn't even have matching mudflaps.  So am not
the fashionista with this.

Back in the 1980's Moots designed their mountain bike fenders to be
mounted with zip ties.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN