Very true.  My comment was more about doing something right, so things don't
go hanging/falling off., etc., and somehow got all these defensive remarks.
 These bikes may get ridden more (doubtful), but they most certainly will be
repaired more.  I'm thinking mostly of Grant's zip-tie-ing mud-flaps and
fenders.  It's hack work.