On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 14:15 -0600, Shaun Meehan wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM, robert zeidler
> <zeidler.rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
>         If it's made here, it's better.  Think of everything bad (and
>         there are many things) associated w/ a Taiwanese made product.
>
> None of the Atlantis frames have ever been built in Taiwan. At least
> not that I know of. They've only been built in Japan (by Toyo) and in
> the United States (by Waterford). Aside from that, I've seen some of
> the Maxway built frames up close and the quality seems pretty damn
> good. So I don't know that I would agree that there are inherent
> problems with Taiwanese made products in the case of the Maxway
> frames.

I have no idea what Robert means, but I suspect his concerns have to do
with politics and economics, not with the quality of Taiwanese products.
It's even possible he's confusing Taiwan with the PRC.  I wonder, do
those same concerns apply to Japanese-made products, or German-made
ones?  At least, Taiwan was never part of the Axis...