> I've gotta think there's more than a little blind faith in action
> here.

Somewhat difficult to follow your point.

These sweaters are are not some new Rov bike design.  Rather, they are
traditional English sweater designs made with traditional wool
varietals.  It is not uncommon to see people in the UK and Ireland
wearing very similar garments.

> I think they are at their weakest in their  efforts to expand Rivendell into
> a "lifestyle" brand.

Don't follow this either.  GP frequently makes the point that bicycle
specific clothing go astray the point of enjoying a bicycle.  He is
also an advocate of small crafts businesses where possible.  Quality
comfortable made by a family owned company seem very consistent with
the philosophy and not a craven effort to expand a brand.