Ray,

Sorry to hear about your crash and I hope you are healing up
quickly.   Sounds like you went down at a pretty good clip.   As for
the bars, I would rewrap them and just keep an eye on them.

I used 46cm Noodles and Sugino XD cranks on a tour last year and
crashed into a ditch fully-loaded (~60lb of gear(?)-- not sure but it
was a lot).    Fork was destroyed but the bars/cranks were fine.

Furthermore, my bike fell over a few times along the way, and the bike
really goes down *hard* when fully loaded.     The 46cm Noodle bars
took the brunt of those falls every time.   Anyway the Noodles/Suginos
are still on there now, and i ride it to work every day.    They are
seriously strong bars and cranks.

As an aside, I remember a blog post on the RBW site a few months ago,
suggesting that Rivendell/Nitto may come out with steel Noodles.    If
that happens I would like to buy some, but it won't be because the
Aluminum versions aren't strong enough, only because I might want to
put Noodles on my old specialized.

Hope you are back in the saddle soon.

-Matt