In Chicago at least, UPS is the third choice as they do not have
evening, weekend delivery options and their inconveniently located
facility is open only during weekday business hours.

FedEx Home Delivery offers both (at a cost, but still).  USPS of
course has a key to get into condo buildings even if there is no door
person.  For delivery with signature requirements, there is a post
office facility for every zip code with Saturday hours.

Sure, I can route UPS deliveries to work.  But being a bike only
commuter, there are limits to the size of package I can receive
there.  And frankly, I prefer not having to use company mail room
personnel to receive my purchases.  With on line shopping rapidly
becoming the largest retail sector, I hope UPS catches up with working
peoples' needs.