Actually, UPS shipping from Rivendell is the same here in "fly-over"
land.  Usually seven days.  Believe that is part of the deal Rivendell
has with UPS to help with the cost of shipping items.  A side effect
is to usually prevent me from making "impulse" purchases.

Have received a couple of items in the past by USPS from Rivendell.
Usually it does cost them more. (and I make sure they charge me the
full price).  They have to find a shipping envelope, pack it (which is
the same both ways), and then someone has to take it to the post
office to weigh and mail.  But they have been good when I absolutely
positively "need" something quickly.

BTW, I'm not defending UPS here.  Just Rivendell.  (Had an issue with
UPS recently, but they handled it well.)

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN