What I really want is a QR on the rear but my two hubs (each for its
own reason) does not work with a QR, and I thought that wingnuts might
just be easier to use than a shortened 15 mm box end wrench. The VO's
do look rather nice, tho', IMO.

About five goathead flats so far this week -- well, that number
includes a tube that tore at the valve. Still, I'd rather patch than
ride wooden tires. And one almost saving grace about goatheads is that
the leaks they cause are generally slow leaks that often require more
than the usual 20 miles I am usually on the bike at one time to
deflate the tire, so that I generally discover them the next day and
can patch them in the comfort of my garage.

I picked half a dozen thorn remnants out of the rear Turbo yesterday
evening, tho' there was only one hole in the tube.