The new RR contains an article by GP outlining his believes about
various aspects of  bike strength, comfort, weight, and comfort.
There wasn't much new there for anyone who has followed him for a few
years, including why he prefers threaded headsets and stems, but it
did trigger this question from me.

My son, who is 39 years old and a very muscular 170 lbs claims that
he experiences stem flex while climbing with a traditional quill
stem.  I am always disinclined to challenge people's subjective
experience but I have never experienced this and suspect it is in his
imagination.

Has anyone here felt their stem flex and has anyone ever broken a
stem?

michael