I run the racers (26x1.6) on my tandem and have run the ruffy-tuffy on
my Ram, so it is impossible to compare the ride but the racers do seem
more puncture resistant with tougher sidewalls.  I found the r-ts to
be a pretty good all around tire on the Ram but have moved to sportier
selections since I mostly  use the Ram for longer joy rides.

michael