On May 16, 12:04 am, PATRICK MOORE <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And do the Grifo XSs roll well on pavement?

the XS has a very, very soft tread and I wouldn't be surprised if it
started to peel away if used primarily on the road.  I've used both
the clincher and tubular - and like them - but it's not going to offer
you much, if anything, that 30-33 slick at a proper psi can on mixed
terrain rides.  i'm also dubious of its cornering capability on
pavement - i've had a few sketchy experiences where I pushed this tire
a little too hard in the turns.  side knobs are okay for cornering in
grass, tacky mud, etc. - not so great on asphalt.