The Grifo XS roll beautifully on pavement! Just as well as (actually,
possibly even faster than) the JB Greens, despite the nibbly knobs. And I'm
not saying that to dis' the JB Greens, which I like a lot and think are
really great tires.

I've ridden the Challenge Parigi-Roubaix on gravel/dirt a few times and have
never flatted. They don't have enough volume for gonzo trail riding, but
I've done that too on a whim and didn't flat.