Thanks, David. I ride this bike mostly on pavement -- the dirt here in
my area is too sandy for anything except really fat and soft tires --
but I want to be able to take short detours off the bike path and off
the pavements in, say, Corrales, near my house. I'd prefer a good road
tire that does acceptably on hardpack, so the GBN 30s sound ideal for
me -- I'm willing to put up with lower mileage for a better ride.

Do the GBs run true to size?

And do the Grifo XSs roll well on pavement?

After finding supple 22 mm tires (and 559s at that) quite acceptable
over such rough pavement as I encounter, 30s ought to be like pillows
for my needs. (Damn, those Tourguards are harsh!)