There may also be a wicking action from any cloth not made thoroughly
impermeable by the shellac soaking into it. At any rate, something one
ought to consider on a nice bike if you ride regularly in the rain.
Here in ABQ it would be largely a non-issue.

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 8:53 AM, islaysteve <alkire...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I was under the impression that shellack  is waterproof, but it is a
> good point.  I will need to check periodically to make sure that the
> tape isn't scuffed to the point where becomes absorbant.  Then a coat
> or two of shellack will reseal it.
> Steve
>
> On May 26, 10:10 am, Brett Lindenbach <brett.lindenb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> agreed.  seal the area off first with nail polish or similar.  you could
>> then wrap, twine, shellac, whatever to your heart's content.

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.
(Rilke, Buddha in Glory)