This is an interesting thread.

One aspect not yet discussed concerns the economics of being an early
adapter.  For example, I bought a first-generation Atlantis when the
frame was about $900.  I rode it hard and was able to sell it later
for about what I paid, not so much because the frame had appreciated
but because a new frame had about doubled in price.  I went on to buy
a Bombadil when the pre-release price was $1400. The current price is
now $2500.  (This example is perhaps not as parallel because my 60 cm
frame has the double tube whereas the current models have the diagonal
tube).  As others have pointed out, interest in the Quickbeam remains
high, so one imagines that those who bought the SimpleOne at its
introductory price will find that those frames hold their value well.

David Sprunger
Fargo, ND

Bikes: http://www.cord.edu/faculty/sprunger/bikes/