I guess I'm an imposter on this list because I don't actually have any Rivs:

- Surly CC, 62cm: almost always set up single speed, whenever I put gears on
it, they don't seem to last more than a ride or two. My budget QB, and my
goto road and errand running bike.

- Salsa Fargo, XL: I'm mixed on this, I like the super comfiness of it
(350mm uncut steerer puts the bars about 2.5" above the saddle), but it's
kind of overkill for what I actually do with it, which is mostly pulling my
child trailer (and some S24O action here and there). It may be for sale
soon. I want to try the CC on some S24Os this year, or the Gunnar. I'm not
big on disc brakes except for actual mountain biking.

- Gunnar Rockhound 29er: my 1x9 mountain bike, er also for sale... I've been
eyeing some of the cheaper Ti frame lately...

- Specialized Tricross, 61cm: Intended to be my go fast bike and all around
geared bike. I just did my first ride on this today. Kind of anti-Riv
(alu/carbon construction, fat tubes), but it does have great tire clearance
and slightly relaxed geo. Anyway, I've always liked these but held off
because they were too expensive and looked too small. I got a good deal on
the frameset, but my back after this morning's ride is still telling me too
small. Even with all the zertz inserts and carbon bits, my CC still rides
better.

I'm coming to the realization that flex = fun. The bikes I've enjoyed riding
the most have tended to be steel and on the whippier side. I'm looking at
some of the Rawland models, either the Nordavinden or their single speed
frame, if they ever actually show up.

Eric Daume
Dublin, OH