I think Charlie has the correct formula.

FWIW, I used the Technomic (non-deluxe) stem in order to get the Albatross
bars really high, which was perfect.

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:33 PM, charlie <charles_v...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have used a 12cm for Albatross bars and a 9cm with a 105 degree rise
> for noodles on the same bike with a 58cm top tube. I have mustache
> bars with a 10cm dirtdrop but on a bike with a 57 cm top tube. My
> Simple One has a 9cm seven shaped nitto stem all the way up to the
> mark with  Nitto Rando bars and a 58cm top tube. I purposely mounted
> my albatross bars upside down making the grips level with the saddle
> but it still put me too upright and the front end felt squirrely so I
> went back to noodles. If my memory is correct a 3-4 cm longer is good
> for Albatross bars and maybe a 2-3 cm shorter for mustache's.....
> although you want them way taller so the curve is above saddle height
> and the normal grip at least level with the saddle.
>
> On Jul 1, 7:39 pm, rw1911 <rw1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I currently have Noodles with a 110 Nitto stem which ideally should be
> > a 100 or maybe even a 90 (tops are great, hoods are just a bit far)
> >
> > Anyway, I've been thinking about trying either the Albatross or
> > Moutstache bars.  Can you share your experience in regards to stem
> > length for these bars relative to what you use for a drop bar like the
> > Noddle?
> >
> > I'm thinking I would use a slightly longer stem for the Albatross and
> > a slightly shorter for the Moustache?

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS