Reading all this with interest...here's the exchange Grant mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hzoFgwFeMQ&feature=player_embedded

At the end of his 'lecture' Taubes states "I recommend in the future
you should pay attention to populations that might refute your
hypothesis rather than present populations that just support it.
That's always key in science".

My reply would be...actually I'd ask Patrick to speak...so what about
the populations that refute your hypothesis?  Why have do so many
cultures...citing Patricks examples!... with high carb diets not get
fat?

Rob Markwardt