I've been having trouble posting for several days now and hope this makes it
through..........We've been using the Taubes/Paleo/ Marks Daily Apple
approach to eating and I have lost 24 pounds since last March. I still cheat
with wine and chocolate but have for the most part eliminated grains and all
sugar,corn syrup, starchy carbs (potatoes, pasta, rice, oats etc.) I've
never felt better and I've tried other approaches with limited success. I
tried exercising excessively and never lost much since it just made me crave
carbs all the more, post exercise. I am not interested in starving myself (a
sure way to loose but unhealthy) instead I prefer to keep a good mental
attitude by being satiated with foods that give me nutrition and energy
while at the same time don't spike my blood sugar and promote insulin
people what many farmers and ranchers now  that if you want to fatten a cow
before slaughter you feed it grain for a short period of time but if you
want to kill a cow with food (only feed it grain) and it will eventually get
sick and die. That is essentially what many of us are doing without
realizing it and while some may *not* show fat storage their arteries may be
clogging or they may develop diabetes or other disease as a result of their
food choices.