The Suntour Sprint, which the Silvers copied, came in the box with two
different thicknesses of flat washer that slides onto the boss right BEFORE
you slip the shifter onto the boss.  There's a 'standard' thickness one, and
an extra one that is slightly thicker.  Some bosses are a hair longer, so
the stack up of the shifter assembly is a hair too short, even when
tightened completely.  The slightly thicker washer corrects that.

The Silvers I assume do not come with a choice of base flat washer, so
you'll need to replace it or augment it.  I'd pull off one shifter, get that
base flat washer, and find a replacement at the hardware store that matches
the inside diameter and the outside diameter and is EITHER a little thicker
(a couple tenths of a mm will be fine) or is very very thin.  If you find
thicker ones, replace.  If you find very thin ones, add them in.