We looked long and hard for a reasonable 16-inch wheeled bike when my
daughter out grew her 12-inch Specialized Hotrock. We finally found a
Schwinn Gremlin on Craigslist for $40 and snatched it up.

Funny you mention wheel size, David. M 5-year old daughter tried to go up a
driveway from the street at too shallow an angle and her front wheel was
deflected by the bump. She went down pretty hard. I was tough 'cause there
wasn't much I could do other than comfort her and explain how to avoid it
happening again. She really wants a bigger bike but she can barely stand
over her 16-inch wheeled Schwinn Gremlin.

Here are a few pics of the kids on their rides...
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/113148323994353762329/albums/5673253657816624801