Perhaps stating the obvious, but:

Just because it is that Atlantis color doesn't make it an Atlantis.  I
doubt that the seller would call it a Long-Low if it says Atlantis on the
downtube.  Atlantis was derived as a lower-cost A/R, built by Toyo in Japan
and intentionally given a different name (Atlantis) to distinguish it from
a Rivendell model.  And I think the 700c Atlantises came later; originally
they were 26".  While it's possible that the geometry/ride of this
particular bike may be similar to or even identical to an Atlantis, if it
sports a Riv label on the downtube, it is not an Atlantis b/c it was not
made in Japan.

While we're on the subject, I'm looking at Riv Catalog No. 4 from Summer
1998/March 1999, and Catalog No. 5 from Summer-Winter 1999 in front of me,
and both have pics of 2 different Long Lows with cantis, for you
nonbelievers.  The LL is described as having a bigger tire clearance (up to
38c), longer stays, little relaxed angles, and cantis (because at that
time, there were no std reach brakes available).  in fact, Cat. 5 has a std
geometry table for the A/R, Road Std, and LL.

So I think it's really unfair to keep on calling this an Atlantis.  There
was a real Long Low model that was built by Joe S, and if this is one, then
I think that's a very fair price for a great bike.

Greg