I'm reposting this with hopes of greater response because it's a cool
and interesting topic.

This subject of 'every day carry' is one of which I've been slightly
obsessed.

Here is a link to an image of my EDC, and a list:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amisingh/6760998841/

- Bandana (serves as handkerchief)
- Opinel No. 6 knife
- Lip Ivo
- iPhone 4 carried in Col. Littleton No. 50 Phone Wallet
- Keys carried on ML Brown Braided Keychain
- Shure E4 Earbuds
- Lamy Fountain Pen
- Moleskin Notebook (set up as GSD)
- Swatch GB743
- Canon S100 Camera
- Surefire G2x Tactical Flashlight

I like how all this stuff is compact so it fits well inside of a small
trunk sack.  When I'm not on the bike it's generally carried in a
pocket on my briefcase, and when that doesn't happen I can carry it
all on my person in various pockets, although I'm tempted to start
carrying a man-bag or a "m-urse".

This is a 'heavy load', but it's everything which I need to flip
between work and adventure.  Works for me.

I'd be interested in seeing your EDC's.

http://everyday-carry.com/ is a neat website that shows lots of
carries.  There are a few others which are similar.