There's nothing odd-looking about v-brakes to anyone who has been around
mountain bikes in the past 15-20 years (but before everything had discs).
I've never understood the claim that cantilevers have superior aesthetics,
especially since (IMO) they work worse and are fiddly to set up and keep
adjusted.