My less-than-$0.02: V brakes look perfectly at home on a Sam HIll, even a
TTT Sam HIll. No feeling involved, just aesthetic judgment.

OTOH, the IRCs that Riv had set up on the floor model 56 STT Sam HIll I
bought a couple of years ago (and rather quickly sold) worked as well as
any V brake as to pure stopping power to hand effort, and modulated better.
And this judgment from someone who has come to hate, I say HATE, setting up
cantis, at least anything dating from DC 986s, and including gawdawful
Mafacs. The IRCs are the cat's meow, but Vs are easier.

Me, I'd look seriously at a Bomb or Atlantis if they took disks.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM, RayO <lochm...@msn.com> wrote:

> I feel just the opposite.
>
> On Feb 24, 11:38 am, Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery
> <thill....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There's nothing odd-looking about v-brakes to anyone who has been around
> > mountain bikes in the past 15-20 years (but before everything had discs).
> > I've never understood the claim that cantilevers have superior
> aesthetics,
> > especially since (IMO) they work worse and are fiddly to set up and keep
> > adjusted.
> >
> > On Friday, February 24, 2012 12:59:38 PM UTC-6, Jay in Tel Aviv wrote:
> >

> > > The 1st gen green Sams have canti posts.
> > > I put v-brakes on mine.
> > > Looks a bit odd but works great.
> >
> > > Jay

> is