I read it and liked most of it. I think Grant goes to some places I
wouldn't, especially in the areas of food and helmets.
But I found it mostly informative and entertaining.

Reading it, I was reminded of how blessed I am to live in a city where
living car-free and relying on a bicycle for primary transportation is
actually possible -- and how far behind Portland so many cities remain in
developing human-scale infrstraucture.

I've tried nearly everything -- from Randonneuring to racing -- and these
days I find I am mostly content to ride my bike for transportation and
pleasure at slower speeds. Much of what's in the book applies to folks who
want to Just Ride. In the landscape of too many books and magazines
exhorting us to pour ourselves into lycra, strap on the heart-rate monitors
and emulate elite racers at every opportunity (so that bike shops can sell
more carbon-fiber racing bikes and recoup their investments on all that R &
D -- sorry, that's my bike industry cynicism at work), *Just Ride* is a
breath of fresh air.

Beth in PDX