Havn't read the book yet. Though I really appreciate what Rivendell is
about. All of us on this list are big fans correct? Mark at Riv rides fast
lightweight Rivs for racing as does Kris Kostman,don't know if he races
anymore but he rides a Rodeo. I have defintly noticed a difference in my
overall performance by shaving some weight off of my bike, Saluki 650b,
plus me actually riding more. I raced in the early 90's on a carbon fiber
Kestral and it was a very fast bike but not very versatile. Versatility was
not my concern then,attitude was! Fastest bike I ever owned and raced was a
Yamaguchi track bike made of steel.  Most people don't race,lets face
it. Would they be more comfortable on a Riv? The answer is yes. The Bleriot
was an attempt to get people back on lugged. I think Grant was just a bit
early on that one. It might have caught on now though. RIDE ON FELLOW
RIVS!!!!