Well documented clicking?  On my ride home yesterday (after writing the
original post in this thread) I started hearing a clicking.  Wasn't sure if
it was my seatpost/saddle interface (since I'd recently moved the saddle)
or the pedal, but was fairly sure it was the pedal.  Ugh... < 20 miles to
clicking.

Are they loose bearings?  How hard was it to remove the spindle?