On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> Based on the reviews I've read, the author appears to have incredibly poor
> logic and reason. For vibrant discussion see:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/huaraches/n8Ap2wV-iNI

Those reviews are from people vested in the paleo diet, and what I read in
your link has people attacking a point (e.g., "blue eyes") and then someone
pointing out why Zuk is right (or probably right). Anyone who thinks the
diet issue has been settled by the paleo recommendations is fooling
themselves. There is plenty of research showing that source of calories
don't matter. Even at RBW the issue is not settled. There are several
Riv-workers of Asian heritage who rightfully point out that a rice-heavy
diet is not a recipe for obesity.

I'm not trying to fan a flame war -- if it works for you, great. But to
think that there aren't flaws in the reasoning behind this (or any) diet is
fantasy.

happy trails
jim m
wc ca