Yeah. The presentation of health issues in the media suffers greatly from
dumbing down and miscommunication, among other things. I looked at that
Salon article and there are points that I don't believe an evolutionary
biologist would have made in such an unqualified way, which suggests to me
that the reviewer has misunderstood the science in the book... but you
never know.

I don't even really know what the paleo diet is (I can guess), I haven't
read the Zuk book or any books on the topic, but I would humbly say that
it's a good thing to be able to read about the conflicting points of view.
Anyone
with an interest would be better off reading the book and making up their
own mind rather than worrying about the media's presentation of it.