The statutory minimum for bikes owned is three. Or four. Like this:

Gofast.
Fixed gear if different from gofast.
Commuter/errand bike as close in build to gofast as possible.
Off road bike.

Oh, and it is also good to have a British racing tricycle.

Seriously, I have a bad case of "get rid of it because not using it bothers
me". And have I paid through the nose for that as after a while I find that
I really do want X again. Sell cheap and buy dear. My counsel would be to
wait at least 12 months before deciding to sell something that is not
obviously of no use to your riding needs.

That said, my tastes, at 58, have gradually rotated around the compass of
desire to point at either fixed gear or all rounder-type riding (or both),
so no need for me to have a dedicated gofast derailleur bike. Now I am
sweating whether the Ram-to-be needs rack braze ons (disc mounts???!!!) But
it will have 32 -35 mm tires and a large bag if not racks.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Yahoo! Service <capn_j...@bellsouth.net>wrote:

>      I am 65 and ride with a semi-retired psychologist who is 80 and a
> retired ophthalmologist who is 66.  We ride almost 100 miles every week
> year round.  Two of us own steel bikes and one has an aluminum road bicycle.
> The long miles we put on a bike almost demands we go for comfort, even at
> a small cost in weight.  My SOMA Fabrications Extra Smoothie is the only
> bike I could ever need.
> As a matter of fact, I had a Specialized Roubaix Pro with Dura-ace and a
> double-suspended mountain bike, but I found that I was using the Soma for
> all or most of my rides, so I sold the other bikes.
> If I want to do some trail riding then I remove my 700c X28mm tires and
> instal my 32mm's.
> Grant is right about most things bicycling; You don't need all the stuff
> they try to sell you.
>
>  --

BUSINESS BUILDING COME-ON!!
$300 off a $600 resume + letter or Linked In profile package with referral
that leads to full price sale! Refer two full-pay clients and you get the
package for free!

I am not cheap, but I am very good. So they say.
http://resumespecialties.com/testimonials.html

Patrick Moore, Ph.D, MBA, ACRW, Albuquerque, NM, USA
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html * patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com