I don't think it was taken as a negative-to-RBW perspective.  But, Steve
makes a good point - what you are really talking about is "race" geometry.
I have always thought of Grant's designs as "real-world".

In my neck of the woods, where there tends to be more people riding more
recently designed bikes, there is a steadily growing number of bikes which
are at least honoring the ideas which Grant has been talking about for a
while.  I see a goodly number of bike frames which could really be
described as parallelograms.

The difference I was talking about above was from a more race-oriented
bike.

- Jim / cyclofiend.com