The Nitto stem can be modified quite easily.... simply machine or saw it to
the same angle and shorten the through bolt but......Nitto sells shorter
stems for when you don't want to jack the bars toward heaven. As far as the
2.8 cm difference in top tubes you might want to experiment with using a
shorter reach drop bar (the noodle is a longer reach drop bar) in
combination with a shorter and lower stem. I don't think you need a smaller
frame. If you can get within 1 cm of your most comfortable bike your body
and hand position should be able to adapt. You might also look at using a
narrower drop bar (which will essentially "lengthen" your arms) like the
excellent Nitto Rando bar (36cm wide at the hoods) I use this bar and also
a 41cm Noodle on another bike and it works fine.