those are the bolted on version, the brazed on Paul Racers are the best rim
brake I've ever used for both modulation and stopping power.  There is some
tire size max,about 42 mm, to get the tire to fit past the pads.  They are
a bit clunky in the looks dept., especially the anodized version. I've got
Neo-retro canti's on my new bike, and they stop very well but the
modulation is not nearly as good as the brazed-on Racers.  Silvers are not
even close to the brazed on version.

~mike