No experience with bolt on center pulls.  If you ever go custom, I highly
recommend considering braze on center pulls.  I've had bikes with braze on
Mafac Raids and Paul Racers and currently have a bike with Paul Racer Ms.
 All three stopped with alacrity, had wide range modulation, and were easy
to maintain.

Would not say braze on center pulls are better than dual pivot side pulls
or mini-vees, both of which I've found to do an excellent job.  Braze on
center pulls do have a very integrated appearance and serve well.