A poorly seated tire will wobble - you'll notice it when looking at the
tread as you spin the wheel. You might also get a "thump-thump" as you
ride, if it's severe.

Regarding the handling difference between Hetre and Pari-Moto you describe,
we've never noticed anything like it. At the cornering limit, the Hetre
ribs will squirm a bit, but you have to go seriously fast to feel that. For
some reason, the Extra Léger model doesn't suffer from this trait as much,
perhaps because the more supple tire conforms more to the road surface...
It's conceivable – if you are more sensitive than we are – that you might
feel a little squirm from the ribs during the first few miles, until they
wear a bit, but it's unlikely, considering how much rubber there is on the
road with a 42 mm tire. I suspect there is something else that is going
on... The difference in tire height (about 3 mm) will lift your center of
gravity by about 0.3%. Even the princess on the pea would be hard-pressed
to notice that!

Jan Heine
Compass Bicycles Ltd.
http://www.compasscycle.com