> If you usually ride drops, I'd say get the drop build. If you get drops,
> you might always wonder how it woulda been with drops. So just get it outta
> your system first.

Then, get a set of Albii and put 'em on after a month and see which you
like better.

I have tried drops, Albii, and staches on my Sam. I like drops the best. So
now I keep those on.

If you get the drops build on the Sam, the brake cables will be plenty long
enough for Alba's and the shifter cables will be just long enough with
Alba's all the way up, if the stock cables are installed like mine were.

It doesn't take a lot to switch to Alba's. Just the bars, Shimano Silver
MTB brake levers,  MTB brake cables, and the NITTO shim for the smaller
diameter clamp bar of the Alba. All to be had on the riv site for purchase.
You can use the same housings if long enough, and you can wrap the bars
with bartape until you are ready to make them permanent with cork grips, or
whatever, later.
You will have to change the brake cables and will need to know how to set
the cables/brake adjustment up for that.

Just throw that stuff in your order when you buy the drop Sam and you will
be set for whenever you want to try them.
Just use the same stem for the Albas that came on the bike. Those stems are
expensive. Why buy a different one until you are sure the Alba's will be
permanent?