Thanks, Shoji. This will work only if the swap is mindless and immediate: I
am an immediate gratification sort of person.

I'd want to be able to disconnect 4 cables quickly, remove stem, plop new
stem/bar on the steerer (...ER...ER...ER), tighten, reconnect, and motor
off into the sunset.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Shoji Takahashi <shoji.takaha...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> If you use bar-end shifters, and you're switching to/from bars that
> accommodate, then you can do so without needing cable splitters or even
> additional bar ends. Here's a tutorial (not mine-- I used this to move from
> moustache to albatross):
> http://www.tamiasoutside.com/2008/08/24/barcons/
>
> I think some versions of thumbies, can be moved from handlebar to
> handlebar without problems... but some can't.
>
> If your bike has canti brakes, then buy an extra set of straddle hangers.
>
> BTW: there are locking spacers. Problem Solvers makes them. I think they
> also make locking cable hanger/spacers.
>
> --shoji
>

> On Monday, November 18, 2013 1:03:32 PM UTC-5, Garth wrote:
>>
>> Get one of each. Install those quick cable splitters and you can switch
>> any time you like ;)
>>
>>  --

*RESUMES THAT GET YOU NOTICED!*
Certified Resume Writer