>Where the cutoffs are seems to be more arbitrary from my perspective and
Grant places those by instinct.

It must be arbitrary as the Hilsen switches back and forth starting from
the 55cm @ 622 then back to 584 on the 56cm and so on up to the 58cm  and
after that remains 622. Is there another Riv production bike that does that
rather than a straight cut off? Why did Grant decide to switch from 650b
exclusively on the Saluki (another example of a Riv production bike with
one wheel size) then change that format on the Hilsen?

The only reasons I've ever heard for different wheel sizes 1.) Toe overlap
and 2.) Aesthetic. I understand the first and the second doesn't really
make sense as can be seen by Steve's previous Saluki.

~Hugh

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep
moving." -- Albert Einstein

http://velocipedemusings.blogspot.com/