I guess I was confused.  I did get my (2) 21st Century HMMVWs from
Wally World for $50 bucks each, but that was a couple of years ago.
Original retail on them was $199, but they were drastically marked
down.  At the time, they had a whole pallet of them left after the
holidays.  I just couldn't pass that deal up.  I got a lot of funny
looks from people in the checkout line since I had two of them piled
into one cart.  I made sure I bought them on different frequencies so
I could run both of them at once.  One of them is still sealed in the
box, the other has had some mods done to it.  They aren't bad
vehicles, but unkempt grass is about the limit of their capabilities
and even then it bogs down.  A lot of that is due to the hardish
rubber on the tires.  Just doesn't lend itself to good traction.  I
have modified the wheels slightly to get more traction by removing
some plastic around the hub.  It makes the tires squat better and
therefore creates more surface area for the tires to grip off road.
It does however make the Hummer a little less stable on tarmac.  More
powerful motors could help it to, but I think that would cause the
gearboxes to break.  Found this on Wikipedia:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Img_star-t.jpg

I had to babysit one of these in Bosnia back in 1995.  They were made
by a company called California Microwave.

Derek