I need the square to keep the suspension arms in the correct orientation.
As the pivot, well pivots the square portion keeps the shaft from turning.
I attached my springs to a bolt (lever arm) substituted for the set screw in
a shaft collar.  When the shaft collar and lever rotates against the spring,
the square portion of the bolt moves the swing arm on the outside of the
chassis.  That way I can tighten the nut and shaft collar for a little more
resistance if needed.  The whole thing is riding on bearings (one on the
inside of the chassis and the other on the outside).  Simple in design, lots
of labor.

Derek
T065