Clark Ward Jr wrote:
> Technically, only a 'Tank' gets the immunity to hits from the front...
>
> But the defensive rating table doesn't specify which type of vehicle,
> it only counts armor thickness.  So, an FV103 presumably having
> between 1mm and 34mm of armor, gets 2 hits.

Correct on both counts.  The defensive rating of any vehicle, regardless
of how it is used, is determined by armor thickness according to the
table defined in the rules.  And, only a "Tank" (which requires the
vehicle to have a gun) gets the Frontal Hit exemption.

So, for example, if a Sherman tank is configured as a mine-sweeper (ie.
no gun), then it is deemed a "Support Vehicle" with an offensive rating
of 0, a defensive rating of 4 and all frontal hits will count.

The only reason that SV015 was not given a defensive rating of "2" on
the website was because Mike failed to provide me with the proper "data"
when he asked for a designation.  When he tells me what the maximum
frontal armor thickness is, I can update the rating accordingly.  The
"paperwork" is just as important as the building :-)

        Frank P.