>here's my list of topics i would like to know more about :
>
>-- motors ? i saw everybody here's using big motors with a lot of
>power (120W and more)
>  but your models are 1/6, so thats a LOT bigger. how could i like
>calculate what torque would i need, what
>  rpm, for my tank. i currently have 2 stepper motors, with 50mN/m (i
>think thats like 40inchlbs, not sure tho)
>  but they seem a little bit to small.

First tip, it's easier for us to build on 1/6th scale because almost all the
hard work has been done for us.  Most know what works and what doesn't.  If you
blaze out into a different direction, you are going to have to buy and test a
lot of things yourself.  Your motors depend of your tank weight.  Make your
build modular so you can switch something out easily if it doesn't work.

>-- drive shafts, coupling, connecting wheels.
>   basicly i have no idea how to do that. i know what i would need to
>do in theory, but how exactly do you connect
>   another longer shaft on that small shaft of a dc motor ? (its too
>small to drill thru or anything) ?

Most of the time the motor has a shaft that you connect either a pulley or
sprocket to.  You then use belt or chain to attach that to either a second belt
or pulley, or sometimes directly to the main axle shafts.

 how do
>   i connect non-powered wheels (the middle ones) so they can turn on
>the saft,

Bearings and lock collars

and how to connect the
>  powered wheels so they cant turn on the shaft ?

Usually you use set screws, keyed shaft or you have to fabricate something to
mate the shaft to the wheel (I think the Cromwell, Tiger or Comet has a good
pic of this)

all little things
>like this, basicly some building manuals, tutorials,
>   books, anythings with pictures would come in handy.

Read every tank build on the website, that is a bible of building.  Also look
at the tanks that are old and still going.  Cromwell, Comet, Tiger, Hetzer,
SU-100, Bad Kitty, and a few more I am forgetting.  Anyone (almost) can build a
website tank that never goes to a battle (me for instance), but those tanks I
mentioned are punished and still run every battle.  They are a guide to what
works well.

Also anything Frank says is gospel.