Yes, that sounds about right to me Keith. Unless the books somehow indicate that Sneaky Pie is the predominant creator (through typography for example), the first named creator would be used as part of the authorized access point for the work, which would translated into a 100 field for Rita Mae and a 700 added entry for Sneaky Pie.

Whether the authority record for Rita Mae gets linked via a 500 to the authority record for Sneaky Pie (and vice versa) is an interesting question, but I think the answer is no. We don't normally link authority records for two persons who co-author a work. And this is not a case where Sneaky Pie is an alternate identity of Rita Mae. Sneaky's an actual non-human being. There IS a relationship between the two but at present we don't have relationship designators establish to record the relationship between owner and pet. (Neither do we record relationships between spouses, siblings, parents/children, etc. in our authority records). So I think the answer to you question is that Sneaky Pie gets removed from the name authority for Rita Mae, and gets his (her?) own authority record with no 500 references between them.

Adam

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger