Brenndorfer, Thomas <tbrenndor...@library.guelph.on.ca> wrote:
> In RDA 8.11, it's an attribute for a Person entity-- it's used when the core
> elements for a Person are not sufficient for differentiation. [I'm aware of
> the error in RDA that is being corrected-- the placement of this element in
> 8.11 suggests it applies also to corporate bodies and families when it does
> not].

Tangent: the last line of 8.6 should be cleared up in the same manner.
 And I think the last line under 10.10.1.1 will get the boot as well.
On the other hand, I wouldn't mind future-proofing corporate and,
especially, family names by allowing undifferentiated status markers
for these.

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota