James said:

>The simple fact is: it is very difficult to claim on the one hand that
>the tasks users need to be able to do are defined by FRBR, i.e. find,
>identify, etc. *works, expressions, manifestation, and items* and they
>say that the uniform titles are not needed. FRBR is absolutely based on
>the uniform title to bring everything together.

But smaller libraries don't *have* expressions in other languages to
"bring together* with the English or French version they have.  I
wonder how many larger libraries have multple translations for very
many works?  We are creating an elaborage structure for a minority of
library holdings, in a minority of libraries.