Greta de Groat said:

>... there are some gaping [33X] holes.

Agreed.  See MRI 1.1C for terms added in brackets which SLC needs. We
don't find "other" or "object" very informative . We very much hope
catataloguers will use the option to use exact trade names as SMD
(unit name) rather than repeating a generic term from 338.

http://special-cataloguing.com/mris

We would use any combination of 33X terms from the three lists which
seem to best describe the resource.  So what if the writers did not
expect stereooptic images to be in a volume?  The world of library
resources is too rich a varied to be covered by any preconceived list.